Lightweight editors, theming and usability improvements for Eclipse
Copyright 2013-2017 - Brainwy Software Ltda.
Hosted on GitHub Pages - Theme by orderedlist
Release Highlights for LiClipse 3.4.0
- Updated PyDev to 5.5.0.
- Many bugfixes (in refactoring, imports handling, code completion debugger and Python 3.6 syntax).
- Ctrl+Shift+Alt+O can be used to open the last hyperlink in the console that's currently open (it's now possible to jump directly to the error in some exception).
- Ctrl+2,sw switches the target and value in assign statements (may not work properly if more than one '=' is found in the line).
- Allows adding local imports to the top of the module.
- See http://www.pydev.org for more details.
Release Highlights for LiClipse 3.3.0
- Updated PyDev to 5.4.0.
- Python 3.6 supported.
- Launch with python -m module.name.
- Debugger shows return values.
- See http://www.pydev.org for more details.
Release Highlights for LiClipse 3.2.1
- Updated PyDev to 5.3.1 (see http://www.pydev.org for details).
- Updated LiClipse themes to have a different highlight for the default tab (selectedTabInitialBackground, selectedTabActiveInitialBackground in the theme preferences).
- Fixed default colors for some themes and fixed heap status color.
Release Highlights for LiClipse 3.2.0
- Supporting CMake by default.
- Properly making filename associations (non-extension based) for TextMate Bundles.
- Updated PyDev to 5.3.0 (see http://www.pydev.org for details).
- Updated EGit.
- Updated Eclipse to 4.6.1.
Release Highlights for LiClipse 3.1.0
Release Highlights for LiClipse 3.0.6
- Based on Eclipse 4.6 (final)
- Updated EGit.
- Updated PyDev to 5.1.2 (see http://www.pydev.org for details).
Release Highlights for LiClipse 3.0.3
- Based on Eclipse 4.6 RC1
- Updated EGit (fixed a critical issue in the git staging view).
- The LiClipse editor component (LiClipseText) is now open source (
view http://www.liclipse.com/text for more info).
Release Highlights for LiClipse 3.0.1
- Based on Eclipse 4.6 M7
- Requires Java 8 to run
- Fixed scrollbar issue on Git Staging view
- Note that JSLint doesn't officially support Nashorn, so, a patched version is needed.
- Nashorn is much faster than Rhino, so, opening a big file to be linted should no longer halt the IDE.
- Removed scrollbar theming from trees and tables due to some bugs (users that want can still enable it by installing Xiliary).
- Updated PyDev to 5.0.0
- Improvements in debugger, pyunit view persist across restart, super() code completion and wrap expression deadlock
- Updated EGit
Release Highlights for LiClipse 2.5.4
- Updated PyDev to 4.5.5
- Improvements in code-completion, pytest integration, python 3 parsing, debugger and django tests running
- Accepting hyphen for tags/attributes in XML editor
- Themed ScrollBar disabled by default for Trees/Tables (can be manually enabled at General > Appearance > Color Theme)
Release Highlights for LiClipse 2.5.3
- Updated PyDev to 4.5.4 (it had a critical fix in debugger)
Release Highlights for LiClipse 2.5.2
- The trees and tables now have styled scrollbars when using the LiClipse theme (using Xiliary scrollbar enhancements).
- CSS and SCSS languages use textmate bundles for highlighting
- Updated PyDev to 4.5.3 (fixes in debugger and improvements in the PyUnit view)
- Updated Eclipse to 4.5.1
- Updated Startexplorer to 1.7.0
Release Highlights for LiClipse 2.5.1
- The comment prefix now works properly for TextMate based languages
- Fixed issue handling TextMate rule which affected the Ruby syntax highlighting
- Updated to PyDev 4.5.1
- Updated EGit
Release Highlights for LiClipse 2.4.0
- Fixed critical issue where indent rules were being applied without a new line on textmate bundles
- Added RAML editor support
- Updated to PyDev 4.4.0
Release Highlights for LiClipse 2.3.0
- Improvements on the parsing structure, resulting in:
- Improved performance on syntax highlighting and outline creation.
- Scopes from TextMate rules are properly kept
(so, code-completion now works for more TextMate languages).
- A new view which shows an HTML preview for the HTML,
Markdown and RST editors
(it can be activated in Window > Show View > Other > LiClipse > LiClipse HTML Preview, or
by using Ctrl+3 > LiClipse HTML Preview)
- The new search had some bugs ironed out.
Release Highlights for LiClipse 2.2.0
- Improved searching capabilities
- Workspace searches based on Lucene indexes.
- Provides a way to search in external folders.
- Provides a way to search open editors.
- Results search page allows additional filtering based on paths.
- Linux Shell files supported.
- Windows bat files supported.
- PERL is now supported.
- Swift is now supported.
- New view to explore LiClipse languages.
- New view which shows the partitions for the current file to help when creating a language.
- Improved performance in partitioning.
- GTK 2 is set as the the default backend in Linux
Release Highlights for LiClipse 2.1.0
- Support for TextMate Bundles
- PHP is now supported
- Ruby is now supported
- Markdown is now supported
- Workspace Mechanic is no longer bundled by default in LiClipse
- Improved theming
- Standalone based on Eclipse 4.5rc2a
- Updated EGit and PyDev
Release Highlights for LiClipse 2.0.0
- Nim is now supported
- Go is now supported
- Jinja2 is now supported
- Fixed some syntax highlighting glitches (related to handling of Regular expressions)
- Mako had some improvements in the highlighting
- Multi-page editors (such as the plugins manifest editor) now also have multiple cursors and vertical indent guides support
- Updated EGit, PyDev and AnyEdit
Release Highlights for LiClipse 1.4.0
- May be enabled at preferences > general > appearance > color theme > apply scrollbars theming customization
- Turned on by default on Windows
- Affects all StyledTexts (including editors and console)
Image showing themed scrollbars:
- The default encoding for all platforms is now UTF-8
- PyDev was upgraded to 3.9.2
Release Highlights for LiClipse 1.3.0
- YAML: syntax errors are now reported for YAML
- It's now possible to open an external editor passing the line. The pattern accepted is "LiClipse filename+line:col"
- PyDev was upgraded to 3.9.1
- Eclipse was upgraded to 4.4.1
- The bundled java was upgraded to Java 8
Release Highlights for LiClipse 1.2.1
- Vertical indent guides are now available (applied to all Eclipse editors by default)
- Options may be configured at Preferences > LiClipse > Vertical Indent Guide
- Upgraded to PyDev 3.9.0
Release Highlights for LiClipse 1.2.0
- It's now possible to specify the HTML code analysis/code formatting configuration for a project. View HTML editor customization for details
- JSHint updated to the latest version (2.5.4)
- AnyEdit no longer removing trailing chars by default (only for LiClipse standalone)
- Upgraded to PyDev 3.8.0
- Upgraded to latest EGit
Release Highlights for LiClipse 1.1.2
- Upgraded PyDev to 3.7.1 (had critical issue where the minimap could deadlock in Linux).
Release Highlights for LiClipse 1.1.1
- StringTemplate is now supported
- YAML is now supported
- The minimap is now shown for LiClipse editors
- The minimap is now shown by default
- The scrollbars for LiClipse editors are now hidden by default (as the minimap provides a proper replacement)
- Context menu in editor > languages, provides option to edit the language definition for the current file
- The HTML/Django editors allow the user to add Breakpoints in Django Template files for debugging
- LiClipse editors are no longer set as the default editors
- Upgraded to PyDev 3.7.0
Release Highlights for LiClipse 1.0.0
- It's possible to launch languages with support for hyperlinking. See: Running/Launch for details
- F9: Launches using editor language
- Ctrl+Shift+F9: Terminates the last launch and relaunches it
- Ctrl+Alt+F9: Terminates all launches
- Ctrl+F11: Relaunches the last launch
- Extending a language to add templates is easier. See: Templates for details
- The Julia language is now supported
- If there's some text selected, completions that don't use the selection are not shown
- When a completion requires a selection or block, it won't appear if no text is selected
- Fixed issue on numbers syntax highlight
- Added the Eclipse 4.4 Dark theme as an option
- Upgraded to Eclipse 4.4.0
- Upgraded to PyDev 3.6.0
Release Highlights for LiClipse 0.9.9
Release Highlights for LiClipse 0.9.8
- Upgraded to Eclipse 4.3.2
- Upgraded to EGit 3.3.0
- Upgraded to PyDev 3.4.1
- Change default: line numbers shown
- Change default: print margin shown
- Change default: spaces instead of tabs
- Change default: search incremental
Release Highlights for LiClipse 0.9.7
- EGit is properly themed
- Kivy Language is now supported
- Ctrl+Tab and Ctrl+Shift+Tab are bound by default to next/previous editor
- Quick Access (in main toolbar) is now properly themed
- Compare editors from LiClipse provide syntax highlighting when diffing
- Improved code-completion in xml editor to create a new tag from word next to cursor
- Added editor icons for more editors
- Adding some templates to java language editor
- Mark occurrences is now provided (text based)
- Shift+Alt+O may be used to toggle mark occurrences
- Improved default theme a bit
- The theme is reapplied when LiClipse starts to deal with changes on existing themes (may be turned off in the color theme preferences page)
- It's possible to specify a color for the editor current line background and another color for other widgets (tree, table) current line background