LiClipse provides a new experience for Eclipse users
With it, users get out of the box:
- A fast editor supporting many languages out of the box. View supported languages
- Support for TextMate Bundles. View TextMate Bundles Integration
- A simple way to add support for a new language
- Usability improvements for all Eclipse editors featuring:
- Multiple cursors
- Vertical indent guides
- Themed scrollbars
- Improved text search capabilities (with Lucene index-based searching, support for external folders, open editors and additional filtering on results page)
- HTML preview for the RST, Markdown and HTML editors
- Native installers
Improved theming support based on Eclipse 4 improvements
Release Highlights for LiClipse 5.0.3
- Updated PyDev to 6.5.0.
- Debugger improvements.
- #region/#endregion code folding.
- Ctrl+Alt+Shift+I to change default interpreter.
- Scroll lock for interactive interpreter.
- Updated EGit.
Release Highlights for LiClipse 5.0.2
- Updated PyDev to 6.4.4.
- Fixes in debugger.
- Fixes parsing f-strings.
Release Highlights for LiClipse 5.0.1
- Updated PyDev to 6.4.3.
- Critical fix in debugger which could deadlock when starting a thread.
Release Highlights for LiClipse 5.0.0
- Updated Base Eclipse platform to 4.8 (Photon).
- Updated PyDev to 6.4.2.
- Fix dealing with f-strings.
- Multiple fixes in debugger.
- Fix in code formatter dealing with blank lines.
- Fix sending editor line to interactive console (F2).
- See http://www.pydev.org for more details.
View highlights for previous releases
Supported languages feature syntax highlighting, template completion,
outline, select/deselect scope, comment/uncomment, auto-indent, linked edition,
multi-edition, mark occurrences, among others.
As a note, some editors have improved support:
The HTML editor has advanced context-based code-completion
Usability improvements for all Eclipse editors
At this point, the major improvements are multi-edition and vertical indent guides, supporting all editors
(such as PyDev, JDT, etc).
See: Multi-Edition Video for details
Besides the multi-edition (which can be triggered in a Ctrl+K search or with the mouse with
Ctrl+Alt+Mouse Click), the rectangular edit is also improved to be triggered with
Alt+Click (and stopped with escape).
Bundling of other useful plugins
Eclipse has a myriad of useful plugins, and LiClipse bundles some which are considered to be useful
regardless of which language you're dealing with: Eclipse Color Theme, StartExplorer, AnyEdit and PyDev
(note that PyDev does not follow the rule of being useful for everyone as the other plugins,
but LiClipse itself reuses parts of the PyDev codebase).