LiClipse provides a new experience for Eclipse users
With it, users get out of the box:
- A fast editor supporting many languages out of the box. View supported languages
- Support for TextMate Bundles. View TextMate Bundles Integration
- A simple way to add support for a new language
- Usability improvements for all Eclipse editors featuring:
- Multiple cursors
- Vertical indent guides
- Themed scrollbars
- Improved text search capabilities (with Lucene index-based searching, support for external folders, open editors and additional filtering on results page)
- HTML preview for the RST, Markdown and HTML editors
- Native installers
Improved theming support based on Eclipse 4 improvements
Release Highlights for LiClipse 3.1.0
Release Highlights for LiClipse 3.0.6
- Based on Eclipse 4.6 (final)
- Updated EGit.
- Updated PyDev to 5.1.2 (see http://www.pydev.org for details).
Release Highlights for LiClipse 3.0.3
- Based on Eclipse 4.6 RC1
- Updated EGit (fixed a critical issue in the Git Staging View).
- The LiClipse editor component (LiClipseText) is now open source (
view http://www.liclipse.com/text for more information).
Release Highlights for LiClipse 3.0.1
- Based on Eclipse 4.6 M7
- Requires Java 8 to run
- Fixed scrollbar issue on Git Staging view
- Note that JSHint doesn't officially support Nashorn, so, a patched version is needed.
- Nashorn is much faster than Rhino, so, opening a big file to be linted should no longer halt the IDE.
- Removed scrollbar theming from trees and tables due to some bugs (users that want can still enable it
by installing Xiliary and enabling the related
setting at at General > Appearance > Color Theme).
- Updated PyDev to 5.0.0
- Improvements in debugger, PyUnit view persist across restart, super() code completion and wrap expression deadlock fix.
- Updated EGit
Release Highlights for LiClipse 2.5.4
- Updated PyDev to 4.5.5
- Improvements in code-completion, pytest integration, python 3 parsing, debugger and django tests running
- Accepting hyphen for tags/attributes in XML editor
- Themed ScrollBar disabled by default for Trees/Tables (can be manually enabled at General > Appearance > Color Theme)
View highlights for previous releases
Supported languages feature syntax highlighting, template completion,
outline, select/deselect scope, comment/uncomment, auto-indent, linked edition,
multi-edition, mark occurrences, among others.
As a note, some editors have improved support:
The HTML editor has advanced context-based code-completion
Usability improvements for all Eclipse editors
At this point, the major improvement is multi-edition and vertical indent guides, supporting all editors
(such as PyDev, JDT, etc).
See: Multi-Edition Video for details
Besides the multi-edition (which can be triggered in a Ctrl+K search or with the mouse with
Ctrl+Alt+Mouse Click), the rectangular edit is also improved to be triggered with
Alt+Click (and stopped with escape).
Bundling of other useful plugins
Eclipse has a myriad of useful plugins, and LiClipse bundles some which are considered to be useful
regardless of which language you're dealing with: Eclipse Color Theme, StartExplorer, AnyEdit and PyDev
(note that PyDev does not follow the rule of being useful for everyone as the other plugins,
but LiClipse itself reuses parts of the PyDev codebase).